If you are using the web app for Vygo online sessions and your participant/s cannot see you, you may not have the correct video settings set-up. Here are some tips and tricks to get your audio working.
Camera troubleshooting tips and tricks
- Ensure your video room camera is turned on.
- Reload your browser.
- Try an Incognito window or private mode. If you have browser extensions, they might block your camera or microphone. Incognito mode, does not load extensions and allows you to cleanly load the call.
- Quit your web browser. Don't just close, right-click the app, QUIT and reopen.
- Try another web browser. (Chrome, Safari or Firefox)
- Make sure your browser is up-to-date. Running the latest version of any browser will guarantee a more stable experience. Generally, browsers will update in the background. To check, or manually update, you can follow these instructions: Chrome, Safari, Firefox
- Ensure your web browser has access to the microphone of your device (e.g. System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Microphone
- Restart your computer. Most people don't have to do this, but it can be a fast fix if you don't want to spend time troubleshooting.
- Ensure the video room camera is set to 'default'. A step by step guide on how to do this is outlined below.
- Download and use the Vygo app from the app store or play store.
Setting up your video room camera
Step One - Start your online video session by clicking or tapping the 'Start Video Session' button found on your booked session card.
Step Two - The web browser will ask for access to your microphone and camera, ensure you click or tap 'Allow'.
Step Three - Click or tap the 'More' button located on the bottom right of your video room toolbar.
Step Four - Click or tap 'Camera/microphone settings'
Step Five - In the camera dropdown menu, you will see different options for your camera setting, ensure you select FaceTimeHD Camera.
Step Six - Click or tap 'Done'
Step Seven - If your camera is still not working, attempt the camera troubleshooting tips and tricks above.