Mentors build profiles for themselves on Vygo that mentees can browse. Before sending a mentor a message or requesting a session with them, determine whether they are going to be a good match for you by having a proper read of their profile.
Let's Talk About Mentor Profiles
1. All mentors on the Vygo platform are required to display a profile picture, both for identification purposes and to show you that the human on the other end of your messages has a friendly face.
2. In ‘About Me’, mentors share their areas of expertise, qualifications, experience and relevant skills, as well as a little bit about themselves.
3. ‘My Availability’ is the section where mentors outline when they are free for a session.
4. There is also a ‘Languages’ feature where mentors can list the languages they speak. If English is not your first language and you are still learning, you may find it beneficial to link up with a mentor who speaks the same first language as you.
5. If a mentor has completed any session you will see the total number of 1:1 sessions they have completed and their session satisfaction rating out of 100%.
6. Session reviews are left by previous mentees who have completed a session with this mentor - reviews are a great starting point to know if you'll be a great fit.