Types of notifications
Vygo can notify you of any interactions you receive from fellow users, including:
- Session Requests: When someone sends you a new request for a mentoring session.
- Session Changes: When one of your sessions is changed or updated.
- New Conversation: When someone starts a new conversation with you.
- New Message: When you receive a message.
How do I get notifications?
Depending on how connected you’d like to be, there are multiple ways you can receive notifications from Vygo about user interactions:
- Email notifications: Sent to the email address associated with your Vygo account.
- Push notifications: Sent to the mobile device or tablet that has the Vygo app.
To help you stay on top of everything that’s happening with your Vygo account, all your notifications will automatically be turned on. To review which ones you're receiving and make changes to your notification settings, click ‘Account’ on the mobile app or, if you’re using our web app, hit the profile picture in the top right corner of the screen and click ‘Account’ from the drop-down menu. From there, click or tap ‘Notifications’ and a pop-up window will appear.
Tick the boxes that determine which interactions you’d like to receive notifications for: Session Requests, Session Changes, New Conversations and New Messages. You can choose to receive email notifications, push notification or none at all. After adding or removing any ticks from the requisite boxes, scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘Update Settings’ or ‘Save’.
Turn off notifications
If you so desire, you can turn off most notifications entirely in your notification settings. For push and some email notifications, you can also take the following actions to turn them off:
- If you’re using our mobile app, click ‘Account’ or, if you’re using our web app, hit the profile picture in the top right corner of the screen and select ‘Account’ from the drop-down menu.
- From there, click or tap ‘Notifications’ and a pop-up window will appear.
- Make sure all the boxes are unticked, and you will no longer receive notifications from Vygo.
- Click or tap 'Save'.
In the footer of every email, you receive from Vygo is a hyperlinked ‘Unsubscribe’ option that you can click to rove yourself from the mailing list.
So that we can contact you with essential information, you can't turn off email notifications related to account activity, security and privacy notices, nor can you turn off Vygo Support requests. In some circumstances – such as if we can't reach you by email – we may need to contact you by phone or other means.