If you are using the web app for Vygo online sessions and your participant/s cannot hear you, you may not have the correct microphone settings set-up. Here are some tips and tricks to get your audio working.
Audio Troubleshooting Tips and Tricks
- Ensure your video room microphone is not on mute.
- Reload your browser.
- Turn off your Bluetooth. You may be connected to an external device.
- Try connecting earphones.
- Try an Incognito window or private mode. If you have browser extensions, they might block your camera or microphone. Incognito mode, does not load extensions and allows you to cleanly load the call.
- Quit your web browser. Don't just close, right-click the app, QUIT and reopen.
- Try another web browser. (Chrome, Safari or Firefox)
- Make sure your browser is up-to-date. Running the latest version of any browser will guarantee a more stable experience. Generally, browsers will update in the background. To check, or manually update, you can follow these instructions: Chrome, Safari, Firefox
- Ensure your web browser has access to the microphone of your device (e.g. System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Microphone)
- Restart your computer. Most people don't have to do this, but it can be a fast fix if you don't want to spend time troubleshooting.
- Ensure the video room speaker is set to 'default'. A step by step guide on how to do this is outlined below.
Setting Up Your Video Room Microphone/ Speakers
Step One - Start your online video session by clicking or tapping the 'Start Video Session' button found on your booked session card.
Step Two - The web browser will ask for access to your microphone and camera, ensure you click or tap 'Allow'.
Step Three - Click or tap the 'More' button located on the bottom right of your video call toolbar.
Step Four - Click or tap 'Camera/microphone settings'
Step Five - In the mic dropdown menu, you will see two different options for your microphone setting - an Internal and a Default microphone.
Step Six - Select the Default version of your microphone
Step Seven - In the speakers dropdown menu, you will see two different options for your speakers setting - an Internal and a Default speaker.
Step Eight - Select the Default version of your speakers.
Step Nine - Click or tap "Play test sound' to test your audio.
Step Ten - Click or tap 'Done'